Early Friday morning, June 21, a special few, were invited to go into Church Headquarters to see Grandpa Dennis be set apart as a Mission President. We waited in the lobby until Elder Christofferson's secretary came and got us.
She took us to a large conference room with a large table in the middle. Shortly after, Elder Christofferson, and Elder Arnold of the Seventy met us. We only took the oldest three grandsons. Only the ones who could understand. I had told Aaron and Cameron for a few months before that they were going to meet one of the General Authorities. They thought that was awesome! When Elder Christofferson came into the room he brought a wonderful feeling of peace with him. The boys watched him in awe. It was really neat to meet him, but even more wonderful to watch my two boys meet him. We all sat around the table. There were three chairs at the head of the table and Elder Christofferson had Grandma and Grandpa sit at the front with him. He talked for a little bit and then asked Grandpa and Grandma to say a few words. Then Elder Arnold told us a little about his experience as a mission president. It was all really wonderful. The Spirit was very strong and comforting. Then Elder Christofferson gave Grandpa Dennis a blessing and set him apart as the Mission President of the Ecuador Guayaquil West Mission. Next he gave Grandma Dennis a blessing and set her apart as a missionary. Then all the elders in the room gave Sarah a beautiful blessing.
After all the blessings had been given, Elder Christofferson asked the three grandsons to come up with him. He had each of them take a turn sitting in the center chair at the head of the table. This chair is President Monson's chair. Each had a turn sitting in the chair and Elder Christofferson talked to each of them. It was really neat! I wish I had a picture...but I'm not sure that is approved in that room...so I'll just keep that special memory close to my heart!
President and Sister Dennis! It is official!!
After leaving the Church Administration Building, we went to Temple Square to take a few pictures.
I was waiting for Jorge to get a picture and he was busy talking so Adam jumped up with me. I'm glad I got this picture of Adam. I wish I got one of him with Grandpa Dennis. Adam was the missionary who taught and baptized Grandpa Dennis 40 or so years ago. I personally am very grateful to him. At the time of the baptism, I'm sure he didn't really think of what the impact of one man's baptism would be. But it has meant a lot!! Because Jorge (Sr.) was baptized he raised four wonderful children in the church. Two have been on missions, one is leaving soon, and the other has plans to go- many lives were and will be changed because of that... But that is not all...more importantly (in my mind) each of those four children have or will have children of their own that will be raised in the gospel! And now, Jorge will go and be president over 200+ missionaries. The ripple effect of one, seemingly small, baptism!
Tio Omar and Tia Dominga with Josh and Sarah.
Future Missionaries!!
Current Goofballs!!
I love to see the temple! I'll go inside one day!
Josh bugging his sister for one of the last times for the next two years!
They really are the best of friends and are going to miss each other so much!
Father and sons!
Mother and daughters!
It was an absolutely wonderful morning!!
No comments:
Post a Comment